What happens after Easter? Have you put away your Easter finery and settled in to wait (some more) for spring? Here is something to think about while you wait, something that relates to our current Rotation…
Those will be questions we’ll be asking over the course of our Rotation on The Walk To Emmaus. Read about our story in Luke 24:13-35.
Here is what each workshop covered for our Rotation on this story:
- In the Computer/Video Workshop students will see a unique rendition of our story performed by snow people! Using the computer game Jesus in Space, they’ll encounter Captain Paul Hammer, Lt. Stu Dent, and Shelbot, the Overly Brainy Robot, on a space mission to Ice Moon Alpha. How will they teach the story to these aliens?
- In the Cooking Workshop students will create “Resurrection Rolls” – a classic treat with a disappearing center that reminds us even though we know something is there, we may not always be able to “see” it.
- In the Newsroom Workshop students will experience the story by producing, watching, and discussing a news broadcast in which Cleopas and his friend describe their encounter with Jesus on their walk to Emmaus.
- In the Science Workshop, through demos and hands-on activities, kids explore the concept of how they view the world around them. Discuss how we “see” or recognizing Jesus.
- In the Storytelling Workshop we’ll hear from three storytellers: one of the women who saw the risen Christ at the tomb, and two excited travelers.
Our Cool Disciples experience Rotation Model Christian education, as they learn about Bible stories and concepts through kid-friendly multimedia workshops. If you are in the area please join us for the fun learning at First United Methodist Church in Ann Arbor, MI.