On Sunday mornings, our Cool Disciples (our 1st – 6th graders) experience Rotation Model Sunday’s school, as they learn about Bible stories and concepts through kid-friendly multimedia workshops. NOW our kids on Saturday nights at our Green Wood campus are also using Rotation!
In both locations in September, we are studying the Lord’s Prayer. Prayer is talking and listening to God – any time, any place, and about any thing! God loves us and wants to have a relationship with us. Prayer provides a means of fostering that relationship. As we study about the Lord’s Prayer, we’ll be talking about prayer in general. Be prepared for questions!
For Saturdays at the Green Wood location, here is the schedule for September…
|9/10||Cooking Workshop||Find out about the connection of pretzels to prayer. Create some yummy pretzels and discuss the Lord’s Prayer.|
|9/17||Video Workshop||Watch portions of two videos to see different renditions of Jesus teaching his followers about prayer.|
|9/24||Drama Workshop||Discuss how to portray various parts of the Lord’s Prayer. Then put on your drama disposition! How would you act out “we’re sorry”?|
For Sundays at the downtown location, here is the schedule of workshops for September…
|Pine Room||Social Hall||Room 204||Room 211||Room 215||Room 212|
|9/11||2nd grade||5th grade||3rd grade||6th grade||4th grade||1st grade|
|9/18||3rd grade||4th grade||1st grade||5th grade||6th grade||2nd grade|
|9/25||1st grade||6th grade||2nd grade||4th grade||5th grade||3rd grade|
What’s happening in each workshop?
- In the Cooking Workshop students will be following the same lesson as the Green Wood kids: Making prayer pretzels! I am sure that some eating will ensue.
- In the Prayer Walk Workshop students will be doing multiple activities including experiencing a personal prayer walk with various stations (such as giving God your worries, asking for forgiveness, thanking God for his love..) While waiting for a turn to go through the prayer walk, students will write prayers to be used in worship on 10/30 and work on creating a prayer “book.”
- In the Video Workshop students will watch portions of the live-action video The Visual Bible: Matthew, and The Animated Stories from the New Testament: The Lord’s Prayer. Play a game to teach about the meanings of portions of the Lord’s Prayer.
- In the Art Workshop for 4th-6th graders, students will create a braided prayer rope with “tails.” They will Write prayer “starters” on the tail ends of their rope, which allows the rope to serve to instigate prayer.
- In the Drama Workshop students will use a form of readers theater to explore the Lord’s Prayer. As the meaning in the Lord’s Prayer is discussed, they will create a “layered lines” rendition of the Lord’s Prayer. Will it make an appearance on YouTube?
- In the Art Workshop for 1st-3rd graders, students will personalize a prayer pillow rock. I wonder how a rock will prompt them to pray? (My son who created a prayer rock 9 years ago, still has his!)
If you are in the area please join us for the fun learning!
Photo from my archives.
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to email@example.com. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.