On Saturday nights and on Sunday mornings at FUMC our Cool Disciples experience Rotation Model Christian education, as they learn about Bible stories and concepts through kid-friendly multimedia workshops.
In April, we are studying Nicodemus. “Nic at night” might be a way to subtitle this one, for Nicodemus visited Jesus in the dark of night. Or was it that Nicodemus himself was “in the dark”? Nicodemus had questions for Jesus.
Read about our story in John 3:1-17.
For Saturdays at the Green Wood location, here is the schedule for April…
|4/7||A special workshop||Children will sing during the worship service and then will head downstairs for a special lesson on Easter.|
|4/14||Science Workshop||Do experiments to discover the difference between changing on the inside vs. changing on the outside.|
|4/21||Art Workshop||Create an individual banner to help remember “the Gospel in miniature” – John 3:16.|
|4/28||Games Workshop||Play a life-sized board game to review story details.|
For Sundays at the downtown location, here is the schedule of workshops…
|4/1||No workshops. Enjoy Palm Sunday worship & Communion as a family.|
|4/8||No workshops. Enjoy Easter worship as a family.|
|Games||Newsroom||Science||Art 2||Puppets/Creative Writing||Art 1|
|Room 211||Room 215||Social Hall||Pine Room||Room 204||Room 212|
|4/15||2nd grade||5th grade||3rd grade||6th grade||4th grade||1st grade|
|4/22||1st grade||4th grade||2nd grade||5th grade||6th grade||3rd grade|
|4/29||3rd grade||6th grade||1st grade||4th grade||5th grade||2nd grade|
What’s happening in each workshop?
- In the Art Workshop students will create individual banners to remember “the Gospel in miniature” – John 3:16. Two Art workshops will run concurrently.
- In the Pupptets/Creative Writing Workshop students will explore the mystery behind Nicodemus’ visit. They will discuss questions they might like to ask God and create question books.
- In the Games Workshop students will play a life-sized board game to learn story details.
- In the Newsroom Workshop students will create and videotape commercials that sell the desirable qualities of a “New Life.” Watch for videos!
- In the Science Workshop students will do experiments to discover the difference between changing on the inside vs. changing on the outside.
If you are in the area please join us for the fun learning at First United Methodist Church in Ann Arbor, MI
Photo credits: Click here for info on banner photo (not visible in readers or email).
A painting by Crijn Hendricksz, Christ talking with Nicodemus at night, is in the Public Domain (via Wikimedia Commons).