In June, we are continuing to cover part two of the Old Testament Joseph story. Read in the Bible all of the passages we’re covering in Genesis 39:1-5, 39:20-45:28, 46:1-7, 50:15-21. Yes, it’s too much to read in one sitting! Here’s the answer: Use the reading plan for this Rotation to help with how to break it down into manageable chunks. This reading plan includes discussion questions – talk about it over the family dinner table and apply this story to your lives.
|Joseph reveals himself to his brothers (Genesis 45:1-15)|
For Saturdays at the Green Wood location, here is the schedule…
|6/1||Plant flowers!||Support the Green Wood clean-up day and help to beautify the church exterior.|
|6/8||A visit from Pastor Doug!||We’ll play some get-to-know-you games and hear what he thinks about the story of Joseph.|
|6/15||No workshops today.||Worship with your family.|
|6/22||Photography workshop||Retell the story by creating frozen pictures of story scenes.|
|6/29||Musical Storytelling||Tell the story in a musical way! Watch portions of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Sing along!|
For Sundays at the downtown location, here is the schedule of workshops…
|6/2||Enjoy worship and Communion with your family|
|6/9||The big game! Are You Smarter than a 6th grader?|
|Room 215||Room 211||Pine Room||Social Hall||Room 204|
|6/16||4th grade||5th & 6th grade||1st grade||2nd grade||3rd grade|
|6/23||5th & 6th grade||3rd grade||4th grade||1st grade||2nd grade|
|6/30||2nd grade||4th grade||5th & 6th grade||3rd grade||1st grade|
What’s happening in each workshop?
- In the Games Workshop students will play a quiz game using the life-sized game board and an over-sized game die.
- In the Photography Workshop students will create a series of tableaux (still photographs) of each portion of the story. These will later be made into a slideshow with narration.
- In the Puppet Workshop students will use handle-bag puppets to enact the story of Joseph and his brothers in Egypt.
- The Storytelling Workshop tells the story with a musical! Experience Joseph’s feelings and events in his life by viewing and discussing parts of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
- In the Video Workshop students will watch portions of the animated video Joseph King of Dreams.
If you are in the area please join us for the fun learning at First United Methodist Church in Ann Arbor, MI
Click here for info on banner photo (not visible in readers or email).
Painting of Joseph revealing his identity, from an unknown origin, in the Public Domain. Courtesy of La Vista Church of Christ. Licensed under a Creative Commons License.