At FUMC on Saturday nights and on Sunday mornings, our Christian education for children is based on the Workshop Rotation Model. In September kids will spend four weeks learning about Jesus when he was a young boy of 12-years old. Each week they will encounter a different kid-friendly multimedia workshop. When they are done they really know the stories!
Read this month’s story in Luke 2:41-52.
For Saturdays at the Green Wood location, here is the schedule…
|9/7||Art Workshop||Create a unique book of God-given talents. The design of this book makes it a keeper! It will be easy to add more pages.|
|9/14||Cooking||Talk about Passover and make unleavened bread.|
|9/21||Video||Watch a video that tells the story and one that covers the story theme.|
|9/28||Games||Play a game of “Concentration” and learn story details.|
For Sundays at the downtown location, here is the schedule…
|9/1||Enjoy worship and Communion with your family|
|Social Hall||Room 211||Room 212||Pine Room||Room 215|
|9/8||3rd grade||5th & 6th grade||1st grade||4th grade||2nd grade|
|9/15||4th grade||1st grade||2nd grade||5th & 6th grade||3rd grade|
|9/22||5th & 6th grade||2nd grade||3rd grade||1st grade||4th grade|
|9/29||1st grade||3rd grade||4th grade||2nd grade||5th & 6th grade|
What’s happening in each workshop?
- In the Cooking Workshop students will make unleavened bread. They will learn about Jesus’ celebration of Passover and his experience in Jerusalem – feeling at home in his “father’s house.”
- In the Games Workshop students will participate in a game of Concentration — with a twist! This game will help them to learn story details.
- In the Art Workshop students will create a “Book of Gifts” to record skills and talents God has given them. Their book will have a unique cover done with a marble painting. Ask them the significance of the cover!
- In the Video Workshop students will watch portions of the live-action video Jesus, and the video Finding Nemo.
- In the Drama Workshop students will enact the story using a Greek Drama complete with masks similar to those used over 2,000 years ago.
If you are in the area please join us for the fun learning at First United Methodist Church in Ann Arbor, MI
Biblical illustration by Jim Padgett, from now-out-of-print Read’n Grow Picture Bible, circa 1984; via Wikimedia Commons, courtesy of Sweet Publishing, Ft. Worth, TX, and Gospel Light, Ventura, CA. Released under a Creative Commons license.
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to email@example.com. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.