Why should this be a do-not-miss event?
- Young kids need mentors – mentors beyond their parents; mentors whose shoes they will one day wear. Watching the youth (kids in 7th-12th grade) allows your kids a peek at their (potential) future self.
- We’ll hear about being calm in situations that look far from peaceful. God is always with us!
- We encourage attendance on Saturday and Sunday by not holding any Cool Disciples workshops.
This year’s theme for Youth Worship is from Psalm 46:10a
Be still, and know that I am God.
How about a little bit of discussion before hand? And by all means afterwards too! How about at the family dinner table (or wherever your family gathers). Use these discussion points:
- Sit still! When did you last hear that command?
- Why should we be still?
- What are ways we can be still? (Be calm, quiet, silent…)
- What are situations where being still can be especially important? (Bird-watching comes to mind. What about listening for God?)
- How do you suppose being quiet enhances our ability to hear God?
- What are ways we can help ourselves “be still” – both our bodies and our minds? Some ideas: Going to a quiet place. “Emptying” our mind of worries. Holding a particular item from nature such as a pine cone or a rock. Breath prayer…
- Should we be thankful for conditions which require us to be still? (I know. I know. You can’t wait to be active again, but I’ll bet now you’ll be able to think of something to do while you are waiting!)
What ideas do you have for being still? Perhaps you’ll meet God.
Photos & logo design by FUMC members, © 2015. Used by permission.
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.