Our question for today was:
How do we show God respect through our actions?
Use the discussion questions below to encourage a dialog with the Bible! Start the conversation in the car on the way home from church, or around the family dinner table, or wherever your family is gathered together. Ask these questions even if you missed the video showing!
Have some family time discussion…
- Here’s a quiz. You see the following actions. What would you say is true about the person who is doing these actions?
- Scowls at everyone.
- Greets everyone with a smile.
- Drops litter on the ground.
- Holds the door for the person behind them.
- Why are our actions important to God?
- In our daily life, how we can show respect to the people around us? (Hint: Read the “Golden Rule” in Matthew 7:12.)
- What would that look like at the dinner table at home? At recess on the playground? In the classroom? In the car?
- How can we remember to act that way? Can we come up with a family code word that will mean: “change your behavior to be more loving”? How about “Matthew 7:12” or just “7-12?”
- We often mess up. (We are only human!) What can we do when we flub up? (Ask for forgiveness and for help in being more loving.)
Photos from the producer of our video Clive & Ian’s Wonder-Blimp of Knowledge, under a fair use category.
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to email@example.com. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.