How much time did you spend together?
It was as much as possible wasn’t it?
A way to explain to your kids about the importance of prayer: Use conversation with a friend as an example.
Put it this way…
- Do you enjoy hanging out and spending time with your friends?
- Do you like talking to your friends?
- Do you talk to your friends only when you need something?
- Is part of being a friend, listening to your friend?
Our friendships need this “feeding.”
- Jesus is our friend. (Jesus would very much like to be our friend!) Jesus likes spending time with us.
- The way we talk with Jesus is prayer.
- Prayer isn’t just for asking for something. (Though it is OK to ask for things.)
- Prayer includes listening to God.
Prayer is a dialog between God and us. We can talk to God any time, any place. We don’t need a good connection, or a charged battery. God is always available. God wants to hear from us!
How is your friendship with God?
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to email@example.com. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.