On Saturday nights and on Sunday mornings at FUMC our Cool Disciples experience Rotation Model Christian education, as they learn about Bible stories and concepts through kid-friendly multimedia workshops.
In March, we are studying the story of the Last Supper. This is our “Easter” Rotation. Since Easter happens annually, we get to spend time on a different aspect of the Easter story every year. In other years we’ve covered the Garden of Gethsemane, the Empty Tomb/Resurrection Appearances, Easter through Peter’s eyes, and the overall sequence of the events of Easter week.
The Last Supper is the last meal that Jesus and his disciples share prior to Jesus’ death. Read about the story of the Last Supper in Luke 22:7-20.
|From the Photography workshop from the last time we did this Rotation. These kids have now graduated from high school! They were in 6th grade in 2005.|
For Sundays at the downtown FUMC location, here is the schedule of workshops for March…
|3/4||No workshops. Enjoy worship & Communion as a family.|
|Date||Cooking||Photography||Video 1||Art 2||Video 2||Art 1|
|Social Hall||Room 204||Room 211||Pine Room||Room 215||Room 212|
|3/11||2nd grade||5th grade||3rd grade||6th grade||4th grade||1st grade|
|3/18||1st grade||4th grade||2nd grade||5th grade||6th grade||3rd grade|
|3/25||3rd grade||6th grade||1st grade||4th grade||5th grade||2nd grade|
What’s happening in each workshop?
- All students will experience the Art Workshop this month! We’ll be decorating a celebration plate; a plate to use at your next special meal.
- In the Cooking Workshop students will help make and experience a “mini” Seder meal, the meal that Jesus’ and his disciples were sharing at the Last Supper.
- In the Photography Workshop students will use a technique called “Frozen Picture” to experience the Last Supper (as painted by Leonardo da Vinci).
- In the Video 1 Workshop (for 1st – 3rd graders) students will watch a video with puppets called How Can I Celebrate Passover? A Young Christian’s Introduction to the Seder.
- In the Video 2 Workshop (for 4th – 6th graders) students will watch the live-action video The Last Supper.
For Saturdays at the Green Wood location, here is the schedule for March…
Updated on 3/13. A change in plans!
|3/17||Art Workshop||Students will make celebration plates as they discuss the celebratory meal that Jesus shared with his disciples.|
|3/24||Cooking Workshop||Students will experience a mini-Seder meal.|
|3/31||Video Workshop||Watch the video How Can I Celebrate Passover? A Young Christian’s Introduction to the Seder.|
If you are in the area please join us for the fun learning at First United Methodist Church in Ann Arbor, MI
Photo credits: Click here for info on banner photo (not visible in readers or email).
The Last Supper photo by Alice Nuttall, who once again is leading this year’s Photography workshop!