Welcome! This is the spot to find encouragement for growing faith in your family. You can do it! Easily read future posts (usually one a week) by subscribing over on the right. Enter your e-mail address to have posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader. Thanks for visiting.
On Saturday nights and on Sunday mornings at FUMC our “Sunday’s Cool” is a different sort of Christian education. We are a Workshop Rotation Model church. That means kids spend a month learning a particular Bible story, each week encountering a different kid-friendly multimedia workshop. In October we are starting a big story: Jacob and Esau. This is such a long story that we’ll be breaking it into two parts. (Part two will be in November.) Read part one in Genesis 25:19-34, 27:1-37, and 27:41-43.
For Sundays at the downtown location, here is the schedule of workshops for the end of September and for October…
|Room 212||Room 215||Room 204||Room 211||Social Hall||Pine Room|
|9/30||1st grade||5th grade||3rd grade||6th grade||4th grade||2nd grade|
|10/7||Worship and Communion with your family|
|10/14||2nd grade||4th grade||1st grade||5th grade||6th grade||3rd grade*|
|10/21||Attend worship: kids will help us to worship!|
|10/28||3rd grade||6th grade||2nd grade||4th grade||5th grade||1st grade|
* On the 14th the 3rd graders will be having a special class on using their Bibles. Parents/guardians are encouraged to attend.
What’s happening in each workshop?
- In the Art Workshop students will work cooperatively to create construction paper mosaics illustrating the story of Jacob and Esau. The mosaics will focus on characters and story sequence.
- In the Cooking Workshop students will explore why Esau traded his birthright for a bowl of lentil stew, and in the process create and taste “some of that red stew.”
- In the Drama Workshop students will enact the story and learn what happened when one brother tricked the other.
- In the Games Workshop students will participate in a game of “Bible Baseball” – with the rules changing as the students play! What’s up with that?!
- In the Puppet Workshop a puppet storytelling kit will be created and used to tell the story. Encourage your child to use their kit to tell the story at home.
- In the Video Workshop students will watch portions of the video The Lion King, and explore what happens when we do things our way.
For Saturdays at the Green Wood location, here is the schedule for October. (For September 29th refer here.)
|10/20||No Workshop. Worship with your family.|
If you are in the area please join us for the fun learning at First United Methodist Church in Ann Arbor, MI
Photo credit: Click here for info on banner photo (not visible in readers or email).