Is God as Powerful as a Superhero?
What a great question! But is God as powerful as a superhero? I don’t know, those Incredibles did some amazing stuff. And Superman, well he’s “more powerful than a locomotive.” Is God as powerful as those champions?
We turned once again to Clive and Ian’s Wonder-Blimp of Knowledge to help us with this query.
Now it’s your turn! Use the discussion questions below. Start the conversation in the car on the way home from church! Continue around the family dinner table, or wherever your family is gathered together.
You can ask these questions even if you missed the video showing on Sunday!
You can also access other sets of big questions.
Have some family time discussion…
- The famous Dr. Schniff was consulted. He told us about some strong creatures! A Rhinoceros Beetle can lift an object 850 times it’s own body weight! (Which is like the strongest person being able to lift the steel frame of the Statue of Liberty!) How much can you lift? Try it out at home and calculate the amount compared to your own body weight – practice some math
- How does God’s power compare to the Rhinoceros Beetle?
- What is different about God compared to say Superman or The Incredibles? (God is real! And he loves us.)
- What are some ways that we can know about God’s power? (We can read Bible stories where God’s power was exhibited. For example in this Moses story.)
- What are other ways we can experience God’s power? (By paying attention to God’s wonderful creation.)
- What evidence of God’s power have you seen recently? Start keeping a list!
- Question: Do you suppose ants ever go on vacation?
This summer, we hope you’ll join us on our movie adventure and also, continue the learning at home.
Rhinoceros Beetle by Geoff Gallice via Flickr, who licensed this photo under a Creative Commons License. Downloaded from Wikimedia Commons; modified by cropping photo.
Other photos from the producer of our video Clive & Ian’s Wonder-Blimp of Knowledge, under a fair use category.
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to email@example.com. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.