You can explore past questions here.
Our question for today was:
How do we show respect to God by listening to him?
Use the questions below to continue the discussion. Start the conversation in the car on the way home from church, or around the family dinner table, or wherever your family is gathered together.
Ask these questions even if you missed the video showing!
Have some family time discussion…
- Would you say that you are good at listening? All the time? Sometimes? (Test everyone’s listening skills by playing a game of Telephone!)
- Sometimes listening is really hard! Why do you suppose it is important to listen?
- How does listening to someone show them respect – how does it say, “You’re important to me?”
- What about listening to God – how can we do that?
- What things could keep us from listening to God? (Lots of possible answers – getting busy with other activities, placing more emphasis on them than on our relationship to God…)
- Reading the Bible counts as “listening” to God. Do we read the Bible? How do you suppose we can make Bible-reading a regular activity? (When we make reading the Bible important to us, it shows our respect for God!)
- Do you suppose that listening stops as soon as the reading is finished? Or does listening in this case mean not just hearing, but putting what we’ve learned into action?
- We practiced putting a Bible verse “into our hearts.” Review what we did here.
- Bonus question: Should Clive and Ian install a tire swing or shag carpeting in the Wonder-Blimp?
This summer, we hope you’ll join us on our movie adventure and also, continue the learning at home.
Photos from the producer of our video Clive & Ian’s Wonder-Blimp of Knowledge, under a fair use category.
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.