Doing these sorts of things is almost required! They are rituals!
Rituals and traditions are repeated activities that help family members develop a sense of belonging.
How about some traditions that help your kids realize they belong to God’s family? Try some of these:
- How about attending Communion worship? (If you’re in the area, join us at FUMC. Communion is held on the first Sunday of every month). Being a part of God’s family involves worshipping God together.
- Plan a time to gather together (frequently!) and read the Bible. Might I suggest looking here for our current study for kids? Being part of God’s family involves “knowing” God. We can know God by reading the Bible.
- Choose a service project (perhaps once a month!) View a list of potential projects here. Being part of God’s family involves loving and serving God and others.
- Once a week practice a time of Sabbath. (It doesn’t have to be on Sunday). Here’s a way to get started: Surrender one heavily used device and let it rest. (The TV? A cell phone? A computer?) Being part of God’s family involves listening for God.
- Practice a time of thankful prayers. (For ideas see here.) Being part of God’s family involves talking to God.
- Committ to learning a verse of scripture. How about John 3:16-17. Being part of God’s family involves living with God’s word in our hearts.
What rituals do you practice in your family?
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.