Welcome back for day two of Weird Animals Vacation Bible Camp (VBC) at FUMC…
Where Jesus’ Love is One-Of-a-Kind!
We are so glad that your kids are with us – we are having SO much fun! Here’s what we did today…
Sing & Play Stampede. At our opening, we sang more wonderful Weird Animals VBC songs.
We also learned the Day 2 Bible Point:
Even though you’re different….Jesus loves you!
Then, we met the Bible Buddy, Fern. Fern is a leafy sea dragon, but she looks like seaweed, very different from other sea creatures. Fern helps us remember our Bible Point too!
We also got a sneak peek at today’s Bible Adventure, where we would learn how Jesus helped a woman who was considered “different.” Read about it in John 4:1-30. We also learned today’s Bible verse…
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus.”Ephesians 2:10
The preschoolers went off to their special rooms in Ozzy’s Preschool Park and did the following…
- Games – played fun inside games like Switch It Up!, Masterpiece Makers, and Feelin’ Blue. And… kids boogied to VBC tunes while “freeze dancing”!
- Bible Adventures & Missions – We saw dirty water, and thought about how kids in Liberia who might have to drink water like that. Then, we gathered at a “well” for a cool drink of water, and learned how Jesus showed love to someone who felt sad.
- KidVid Cinema – Today’s segment features Patrick. Patrick explained how autism makes him different from other people around him.
- Craft & Play – We made strings of rings necklaces and did a cool “Uniquely You!” experiment with ink pads and magnifying glasses.
Meanwhile, elementary kids visited the following stations…
- One-Of-a-Kind Bible Adventures – We met a Samaritan woman by a well and learned of her amazing encounter with Jesus. We also received Bible Bands that serve as reminders that Jesus’ love never ends. Have you seen these yet? – they are covered with cool stuff!
- Untamed Games – We played games! Including: Pterodactyl, Weird Animal Tag, and Fill-Up Time.
- KidVid Cinema & Missions – Today’s segment features Patrick. Patrick explained how autism makes him different from other people around him.
- Imagination Station – We made a new BFF for ourselves! Rolling dice determined which facial features would be part of BFF’s face, which turned out a little “different”, for sure! We also got to take home a High Flyer whirly-do, which flies in all different directions, another reminder that “Even though you’re different…Jesus Loves You!”
Our oldest elementary kids in our Grad Group are working every day this week on various mission projects – both local and global! Today, the Grad Group made trail mix snack bags for the Bryant Community Center, played a Wagon Wheel conversation game, watched a KidVid Cinema segment, and served as managers (counting and caring for donations) and spokespeople (updating the group at the finale) for the overall VBC mission projects, which are:
- Collecting Boxes of cereal for Ann Arbor’s own Bryant Community Center
- Collecting Monetary donations that will fund clean water and/or other sanitation projects that our church is connected to in Liberia
- Collecting Gently used children’s books and toys for Alpha House. A great opportunity for kids to be involved in a hands-on way. With parent’s help, they can select items from their own shelves to pass on to someone else to use and enjoy!
Every day we gather in the Critter Café for a delicious snack; today we had Masterpiece Munchies, delicious frosted sugar cookies, each with a different face . We also spent time getting to know our crews a bit better and recorded some of our “God Sightings.”
At the very end of our day, we all come together for the Tail End Finale. We sang some more of the cool Weird Animals songs, reviewed our day and discovered how each of us is the perfect “ingredient” even though we are all very different. Ask your kids about the Tail End Leader’s “recipe”!
See you tomorrow!
~~ The VBC Team
Continue the learning at home!
Here are links to some questions to talk about around the family dinner table:
- Jesus had asked the Samaritan woman for a drink. This seems like an ordinary request. Then why the incredulous response from the woman? Read more here.
- Play a silly game called “What’s inside her head?” Read more here.
- “I am God’s masterpiece.” How saying this can change you. Read more here.
Bible Buddy image used by permission of Group Publishing.
Rest of photos courtesy of various volunteers at VBC!
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.