Day five of our Weird Animals Vacation Bible Camp (VBC) at FUMC…
Where Jesus’ Love is One-Of-a-Kind!
Thank you all for being an integral part of a wonderful week of VBC, and for spreading God’s love in your own-one-of-a-kind way!
Here’s what your kids did today…
At our Sing & Play Stampede opening, we sang more songs, of course, and met our last Bible Buddy, Iggy! Iggy is a frilled lizard, who looks pretty normal until he’s scared, then his frill freaks out! We all get scared sometimes, but Iggy help us remember today’s Bible Point. Today we learned that….
Even when you’re afraid…. Jesus loves you!
Dr. Paws was back and nervously tried to get another weird animal to the zoo.
Today’s Bible verse is…
“Don’t be afraid…Take courage. I am here!”
Our hint about today’s Bible Adventure was that we would learn about someone named Ananias who was very afraid, yet he was brave! Read about it in Acts 9:1-19.
The preschoolers went off to their special rooms in Ozzy’s Preschool Park and did the following…
- Games – We played fun games like Find a Friend and Fearless Friends.
- Bible Adventures & Missions – Today, we learned more about Liberia and talked about what it’s like to be sick. We led a blind-folded friend around the room to see how Ananias helped Saul.
- KidVid Cinema – Amara shows how God provided a special four-legged friend who comforted her when she was afraid to go to kindergarten.
- Craft & Play – Today’s project was to make our own photo frames to take home. Each of us got a photo of our own crew to put in it!
Meanwhile, elementary kids visited the following stations…
- One-Of-a-Kind Bible Adventures – We hid from Saul as we searched for Ananias, and met Saul and celebrated Jesus’ love for us!
- Untamed Games – We played games! Including: Fear Bingo, Swamp Thing, and Reverse Tag.
- KidVid Cinema & Missions – Amara shows how God provided a special four-legged friend who comforted her when she was afraid to go to kindergarten.
- Imagination Station – Today’s project was to make our own photo frames to take home. Each of us got a photo of our own crew to put in it!
Today our Grad Group delivered a second load of cereal to the Bryant Community Center, and then finished their day with some fun games at Burns Park.
In Critter Café today we had “fright bites.” Jiggly (trembling with fright) jello with whipped cream!
At the very end of our day, we all come together once again for the Tail End Finale. We sang some more of the cool Weird Animals songs and reviewed the week with a suspenseful science experiment.
Hope to see you on Sunday, July 13th at 9:30 am for our VBC Celebration!
~~ The VBC Team
Continue the learning at home!
Here are a couple of questions to talk about around the family dinner table:
- Why was Ananias afraid to do what God had asked him to do? (See here for some reasons why Ananias was afraid.)
- When is a time that you have been afraid? What happened?
- What is something that you can do to help you remember that Jesus loves you, even when you are afraid?
Bible Buddy image used by permission of Group Publishing.
Rest of photos courtesy of various volunteers at VBC!
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.