Day four of our Weird Animals Vacation Bible Camp (VBC) at FUMC…
Where Jesus’ Love is One-Of-a-Kind!
Lots and lots of kids brought in donations today for our three VBC mission projects. So far, we have collected over $300 for our Liberian clean water/sanitation mission, 69 boxes of cereal for Bryant Community Center, and boxes and boxes of toys and books for Alpha House. WOW!
Here’s what your kids did today…
In addition to singing our hearts out at our opening Sing & Play Stampede, we met the Bible Buddy, Shred! Shred’s tenrec quills are sharp and can hurt. People don’t have sharp quills, but sometimes they hurt each other. Shred helps us remember our Bible Point from today…
Even though you do wrong… Jesus loves you!
Dr. Paws was back. He broke a zoo rule – no candy for the hyenas. Ask your kids how that worked out…
We also got a sneak peek at today’s Bible Adventure, where we would learn today’s Bible story about Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Read about it in Luke 22:47–24:12
Today’s Bible verse is…
“God…loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.” 1 John 4:10
The preschoolers went off to their special rooms in Ozzy’s Preschool Park and did the following…
- Games – We played fun games like Rescue Mission, Washed Clean, and Hit the Mark.
- Bible Adventures & Missions – We learned more about Liberia and also used preschool-friendly items to explore how Jesus died and came back to life to show his love for them.
- KidVid Cinema – Sarah discovers she was being a bully, but Jesus helps her do the right thing.
- Craft & Play – We were splashy servants (which involved toys and soapy water) and mended broken hearts.
Meanwhile, elementary kids visited the following stations…
- One-Of-a-Kind Bible Adventures – We learned that Jesus was willing to die on the cross to take on the burden of our sins. We wrote our names on a cross to remember that Jesus loves us all, and viewed the empty tomb.
- Untamed Games – We played games! Including: Feet fishing (for ice cubes in a wading pool!), Hit the mark, and Get Rid of It!
- KidVid Cinema & Missions – Sarah discovers she was being a bully, but Jesus helps her do the right thing.
- Imagination Station – We made crafty paper airplanes today and then flew them through various obstacles. Sometimes they flew in the wrong direction or not the way we wanted them to, but it helped us remember that “even though you do wrong…Jesus loves you!”.
Today our Grad Group went off-site today to the Bryant Community Center to hand out fresh produce, bread, and boxes of cereal (collected this week at VBC!) to local folks in need.
In Critter Café today we had a wonderful snack called the “Wonderous Cross” (it was cheese in the shape of a cross and some crackers).
At the end of our day together, we all came back to the Sanctuary for the Tail End Finale to sing some more, review our day, and witness Jesus removing the darkness of sin to show the light of his love.
See you tomorrow!
~~ The VBC Team
Continue the learning at home!
Here are a couple of questions to talk about around the family dinner table:
- What is sin? (Sin is anything we do that pushes God or other people, away.)
- Why does it matter that Jesus died for us? (It means that God showed us that he would not hold our sins against us. God’s love is more powerful than anything and is still there, even when we sin.)
- Why did Jesus have to die? (Sin creates separation from God. To bridge this separation Jesus died so that all of our sins could be forgiven. As a result of Jesus’ death, we can have a restored, close relationship with God!)
- Wasn’t there some other way; did Jesus have to die on the cross? (Jesus had a choice! He could have run away from his oppressors. God sent Jesus into the world not to die, but to love. It is all part of God’s movement to restore relationship; pouring out his divine love over us!)
Photo credits: Click here for info on banner photo (not visible in readers or email).
Bible Buddy image used by permission of Group Publishing.
Rest of photos courtesy of various volunteers at VBC!
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.