- A Bible story is explored and learned in-depth through a variety of creative teaching mediums (workshops) over a period of several weeks.
- Each new workshop visited deepens kids lesson memory.
- Adults who help out in our program are learning right along with the kids! (It’s adult ed disguised as a children’s program!)
- Kids from age 3 to 6th grade, whether attending Sunday’s downtown or Saturday’s at Green Wood, are all focusing on the same story, which allows families to share learning at home.
To kick off September we are studying about how a lowly, shepherd-boy, David, was chosen by God to be the King of Israel. The prophet Samuel anointed David with oil (shown below).
Why did God choose him as king??
Read about our story in 1 Samuel 16:1-13. And come along with us as we begin our year of Rotation!
To see a growing list of opportunities to foster faith learning at home…
for this month’s story :: click here.
For Saturdays at the Green Wood location, here is the schedule…
|9/6||Creative Writing||Create an acrostic poem using the word “heart” and describe your inner character.|
|9/13||Bible Skills & Games||Play a variety of games – voting with your body, a game of “Spoons,” and a quiz game that involves collecting “heart” qualities (graffiti-style).|
|9/20||Cooking||Two teams of students will make muffins with two different recipes. One has something special in it and one does not! Students will note that both look the same in a raw state. I wonder about the baked muffins?|
|9/27||Art||Create modern “name” art and contemplate your inner character as you work.|
And on Sundays, at the downtown location.
|Date||Our workshops for 1st through 5th graders…|
|Art||Cooking||Creative Writing||Bible Skills
|Room 212||Social Hall||Room 215||Room 211|
|9/7||5th grade||1st & 2nd grade||3rd grade||4th grade|
|9/14||1st & 2nd grade||3rd grade||4th grade||5th grade|
|9/21||3rd grade||4th grade||5th grade||1st & 2nd grade|
|9/28||4th grade||5th grade||1st & 2nd grade||** see note below
for 3rd grade
** On the 28th the 3rd graders will be receiving Bibles in worship during the children’s moment. Then they’ll head for a special class about the Bible.
And here’s what the 6th graders will be doing this month… (They’ll always be in the Pine Room!)
|Art Workshop||Creative Writing Workshop||Cooking Workshop||Special Activities!|
What’s happening in each workshop?
- In the Art Workshop students will create modern “name” art based on the style of artist Paul Klee. Contemplate your inner character as you work!
- In the Cooking Workshop two teams of students will make muffins with two different recipes. One has something special in it and one does not! Students will note that both look the same in a raw state. I wonder about the baked muffins?
- In the Creative Writing Workshop students will create an acrostic poem using the word “heart” and describe their inner character. What attitudes are in your heart?
- In the Bible Skills & Games Workshop students will participate in a variety of games – voting with your body, a game of “Spoons,” and a quiz game that involves collecting “heart” qualities (graffiti-style).
If you are in the area please join us for the fun learning at First United Methodist Church in Ann Arbor, MI.
Are you seeing ads? They are not from me! They are placed by WordPress, who otherwise offers a free platform from which to share lots of good-ness. If you see an inappropriate ad, please report it to email@example.com. Include the URL, the date/time the ad appeared, and a screenshot of the ad.